St Ethelburga Great Givendale

The Church is open daily for the use of villagers and visitors alike, for quiet reflection. This is very much appreciated by people, as noted in our "Visitors' Book".

We are on two popular walks (the Minster Way and the Chalkland Way), and our outdoor seats provide a place to reflect and appreciate the wonder of God's Creation, and have a picnic.

St. Ethelburga's Church is on an ancient site, and although rebuilt in 1849, it has retained a Saxon font and a Norman arch. It is famed for its' display of snowdrops and winter aconites. The churchyard is also home to soft comfrey which has a white flower.

We hold our special candle-lit services at Harvest Festival (followed by supper in a barn), and on Christmas Eve (followed by sherry and mince pies in church), both of which are very well attended. We recently started Coffee and a Catch-up, after our Communion Services.

Villagers help to decorate the church with flowers all year round (except Lent and Advent). The Church is very grateful for the assistance given by villagers, some of whom are not regular church members, but contribute their time and hard work in caring for our beautiful church.

St Ethelburga Great Givendale

Wardens
Mr Joe Goodhart and Mrs Michelle Stephens

Monthly services
Second Sunday
   October to April at 9.15am: Morning Prayer
   May to September at 6.00pm: Evening Prayer
Fourth Sunday at 9.15am: Holy Communion

Fifth Sunday: Group Service - venue & time in Bulletin